Intern - Commercial Data Analytics
Amcor Rigid Packaging
Intern - Commercial Data Analytics
Join Amcor and you can be part of the team that makes the packaging of the future better for people and our planet.
Here at Amcor, we work together every day to make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people across the globe by providing packaging for essential products, including food, beverages, pharmaceutical, medical, home and personal-care.
We are sustainability leaders in our industry. We are the first global packaging company to commit to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025.
Our products are vital to support the lives of millions of people across the globe every day.
We are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to innovating and driving new solutions to create more sustainable packaging solutions.
To find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about Amcor, visit www.amcor.com I LinkedIn I Glassdoor I Facebook I Twitter I YouTube
At Amcor Rigid Packaging (ARP), our teams are focused on developing and making plastic bottles and jars that create a unique experience and are better for the environment. Our bottles and jars are primarily made from PET (polyethylene terephthalate), which has rapidly become the world’s preferred packaging material. PET is lightweight, shatterproof, recloseable, resealable, reusable and infinitely recyclable*.
With approximately 6,000 people across about 50 manufacturing operations in 11 countries and an annual revenue of US$2.9 Billion, ARP provides rigid packaging solutions to the beverage, pharmaceutical, food, and home and personal care segments.
Learn more about the many benefits of PET bottles here.
*with existing technologies including chemical recycling
About the Opportunity:
The Amcor Rigid Packaging Beverage Commercial team is looking for an intern to scope, plan, and execute multiple process/tool improvement initiatives specific to improving productivity and efficiency of the Commercial Sales Associate position. The 7 month internship will commence in May 2021 and will give the selected student; a challenging project-based work experience, the opportunity to learn about Amcor Rigid Packaging business, the packaging industry, and receive mentorship from business leaders.
- Responsibilities of this role involve the use of disparate information formats and inputs and require exceptional manual effort to process and update.
- Reinvention of the forecasting process, pricing updates, shuttling tracking and updates, tolling refurbishments, and customer paid tooling (to be prioritized by Sales Associate),
- Within each focus area, the expected support would include scoping of existing data sources and IT platforms including compatibility and connectivity potential, review of existing processes, planning of next-gen tools/templates/processes to improve productivity and information accuracy, and execution cross-functionally (or inter-company) as required to implement next-generation solutions.
- Candidates must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in Packaging, Marketing, Business, Information/Data Technology or a related area
- Must have at least Junior standing at time of application
- 3.2 GPA or higher, cumulatively
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship now or in the future
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Motivation to learn and take challenges
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team-based environment
- A continuous improvement and innovative mindset
- Initiative to meet project milestones and deadlines
- Ability to speak to small and mid-sized groups
Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860’s and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites.
At Amcor we believe in talent through diversity and promote equal opportunity in the workplace and recognise that discrimination and harassment of co-workers based on race, creed, disability, gender, marital or maternity status, religious or political beliefs, age or sexual orientation is unlawful.