Vice President of Student Affairs
Calvary University is seeking an enthusiastic, ministry-minded professional to serve as our Vice President of Student Affairs. Calvary’s mission is to “…prepare Christians for life and service in the church and in the world according to a Biblical worldview…” and employees seek to integrate the day-to-day operations of each University department with this mission.
To apply, please send your completed application to Calvary University or fax to 816-425-6138 or mail to Calvary University, Attn: Human Resources, 15800 Calvary Road, Kansas City, MO 64147
Job Title: Vice President of Student Affairs
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt with benefits
Reports to: University President
I. CALVARY UNIVERSITY VALUES
Calvary University values employees who are committed to and demonstrate excellence as (1) practitioners, leading by example, and contributing through service and ministry in their respective fields, (2) capable mentors and disciplers, able and eager to use their knowledge, experience, and maturity in support of Calvary University’s mission, and (3) skilled in developing strategic partnerships and collaborations to benefit their departments and to continually improve the quality of investment in Calvary University’s students.
II. GENERAL EXPECTATIONS
This document describes duties that Calvary University expects of staff members. These may change with each year, through discussions between you and your Department Head. Your performance will be reviewed and evaluated on the basis of how well you fulfill these duties. The responsibilities for this position will include some or all of the following: (1) leadership and service, (2) mentoring and discipling, (3) and administrative, cooperative, and collaborative efforts. Your responsibilities may include involvement in off-campus, evening or weekend duties, as well as other Calvary community efforts as Calvary leadership requires.
III. STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES
Calvary University staff are expected to lead by example in spiritual growth and maturity, and are expected to be engaged in external service or ministry, using their skills and training to benefit the church and the broader community as well. Calvary staff will attend required meetings such as chapels, assemblies, staff meetings, and other special events on campus, will serve on committees as assigned, and will participate in workdays and other service opportunities. Staff are expected to serve in a collegial fashion and in accordance with Biblical, professional, and ethical principles when dealing with other staff members, faculty, students, administrators, and members of the public.
As Mentors, and Disciplers
Calvary University staff are expected to fully support the mission and process of Calvary University and ground their work in the Biblical worldview in order to serve as examples to the student body. Staff are expected to work effectively and efficiently, employing best practices and application of appropriate tools and technology.
As Department Builders
Calvary University staff are expected to identify, develop, and maintain strategic partnerships with church and industry partners to help build the department and the greater Calvary community. Staff will participate in the development and evaluation of departmental operations and assessment of processes.
Calvary University requires that all employees have a personal faith in Jesus Christ, demonstrate commitment to growth and maturity in Christ, agree unreservedly with Calvary University’s statement of faith, and be active in a local church.
Calvary University staff must demonstrate skill in communicating effectively and integrating into a team environment. Staff must demonstrate functional, organizational, and administrative skills requisite to their areas of responsibility. Staff must demonstrate capacity to build up and encourage colleagues as part of a larger team with a common mission.
Staff must hold any licenses, certifications, and/or registrations as required by the department area or field and demonstrate capabilities to perform responsibilities confidently, independently, and efficiently.
- Effective organizational, supervisory, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and coach teams of students and staff
- Expertise in project management and effective communication in a complex organizational setting
- A vision for meeting the needs of university prospects, applicants, and students
- Ability to utilize concepts of student development in program planning, counseling, and administrative duties
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to work well with faculty, staff, students and outside stakeholders
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational leadership, administration, or related field
- Experience in higher education settings caring for diverse student populations
- Master’s degree in student development, student administration, or student affairs
- Academic background and experience in counseling college level students
- Experience in marketing, recruiting, college admissions
Calvary University staff will report directly to their respective Director or Supervisor. Staff performance will be evaluated annually by the Director, based on the order of priority of responsibilities listed in Calvary University’s Values.
VI. SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Vice President of Student Affairs is responsible for the oversight of Enrollment Management (recruiting, admissions, financial aid, retention) and Student Development (residence life, Title IX/Part 86, accommodations, student discipleship, student government).
- Perform administrative responsibilities in leading Student Services
- Oversee compliance of regulations involving student life
- Provide vision and direction for student recruitment
- Provide counseling for students and students’ families
- Oversee the disciplinary program related to student conduct
- Select, train, and supervise the Student Services employees
- Prepare and manage the Student Services budget and expenses
- Participate in campus activities as feasible in support of student life
- Serve on assigned committees
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, color, age, national origin, handicap or veteran status