Founding Team Member (student, part-time) | National Social Impact (Mental Health) Accelerator
Do you want to improve the world? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to join an exceptionally talented and driven team at a world-changing, youth-powered startup just as they started growing rapidly? Excited by the opportunity to power world-class entrepreneurs and Changemakers as they work to positively impact the lives of 1,000’s, 100,000’s or 1,000,000’s?
At Ignite Mental Health, we're accelerating world-class mental health entrepreneurs and mobilizing key change agents to catalyze the scalable innovations and legislative changes needed to transform the future of student mental health. Using this approach, we're working to make the impossible inevitable; helping build and scale lasting legislative changes and breakthrough organizations to be as impactful as Google and Facebook that focus solely on equipping every student with the ability to avoid, overcome or effectively manage any mental health challenge.
Become a member of a bold and ambitious mission-driven Founding Team grew rapidly with the support of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Program (as a member) to become a nationwide effort in just nine months. You will perch atop a fast-growing organization working to catalyze national and global change with the opportunity to learn, grow, and hopefully thrive in our fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and impact-driven environment.
All of us at Ignite have experienced first-hand, or through that of loved ones and friends, the pain caused by how broken our approaches towards mental health really are. This has motivated us to come together to unite some of the best minds and doers on the planet to fix it, on a national scale and accelerated timeline.
More about you
We’re scaling our pilot from 130 to 1,000+ campuses and are looking for a boldly ambitious and mission driven student to join us in powering Ignite through the next stage of growth and impact. If you're enthralled by the challenge and excited by the opportunity to co-create and co-lead a powerhouse for social change to drive sweeping improvements in mental health, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
We’re expanding our world-class team... This is where you come in.
What will you do?
- We'd love to chat over a cup of tea (virtually) and learn more out which areas you might excel and thrive in. Time invested? Depends on which areas your talents and interests lie in & availability.
- You have a burning desire to be a part of something BIG which improves people’s lives and transforms the future of mental health.
- You have strong public speaking and written communication skills.
- You are wildly ambitious, pride yourself on having a growth mindset, are comfortable with repeated failures on the way to success and know you can find a way to excel at anything you set your mind to.
- You love connecting with people, building relationships and are excited at the prospect of acting as an evangelist for Ignite (press, media interviews, stakeholder update videos etc.).
- You are a current student or recent graduate (college or grad school) - understanding and relatability to the student demographic is preferable. Access to on-campus entrepreneurship programs and personal mentors can also be huge benefit during your personal learning journey.
- You’re not a fan of allowing conventional limitations to stand in the way of helping those in need and are comfortable with being misunderstood by a lot of people and 'experts' (valuing all forms of feedback but also aware of the limitations of a variety of experiences).
- You’re interested in the long haul, something to really dig your teeth into both during your studies and potentially after graduation (if it’s a great fit).
Ignite Mental Health is not a department of Harvard University, nor are we in anyway owned or operated by the University. Ignite's only connection with the University is that we were founded by Harvard students / alumni and were previously a member of the Venture Program and worked out of the Harvard Innovation Labs . We ask that all communications are directed to Ignite and not the Harvard Innovation Lab.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work which may be performed by persons assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities or other potentially relevant information which may change between the date of this posting and potential interviews.
We're working to scale innovative solutions and legislative changes —unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health.
Are you in?