Cleantech, Mining, and Space Business Analyst Intern (Summer 2021)
First Mode draws on the exceptional talent and creativity of its multidisciplinary team to solve the toughest problems on and off the planet. We help companies, governments, and individuals from the earliest stages of problem definition to prototype creation and demonstration. A continual desire to discover and invent has led our team to drill into the unknown surface of Mars, electrify large industrial equipment, and apply remote sensing technologies to water conservation.
While each project is unique, we typically meld together robotics, automation, systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and advanced fabrication to create a new future across industries. If you have exceptional talent and a vision for the future, we want to talk to you.
- Drive market and customer analyses in the Cleantech, Space, and Mining (and potentially more) industries in support of First Mode's business development efforts
- Thoroughly investigate complex data to uncover actionable insights, trends, and patterns in support of internal and external projects
- Develop and implement documentation that enables stakeholders to make intelligent business decisions
- Communicate findings to necessary stakeholders, using persuasive oral and written communication to defend conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to learn new subjects quickly, converse effectively with pertinent personnel, and appreciate technical subtleties
- Proactively identify areas where objectives may not be met, notify internal stakeholders, and drive prompt resolution
- Navigate an ambiguous environment working closely with your team but also autonomously with little direction
- 1+ years of experience in a highly technical and creative environment
- Eager to innovate, take initiative, and maximize opportunities for others
- Skills to communicate complex concepts effectively to broad audiences
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Openness to taking personal risks and willingness to make rapid adjustments
- Ability to work collaboratively with C-level executives to understand, document, and execute on the vision
- Excitement and enthusiasm to work on a small team, regularly contributing to company direction, strategy, and growth
- This position will be located at First Mode’s HQ in Seattle, Washington. With regards to the current pandemic, working remotely will be decided as we get closer to the start of the internship.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.