Summer 2021 Undergraduate Internship, Merchandise (ECommerce)
AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION
Please Note: ALL ACLU SUMMER INTERNSHIPS ARE REMOTE
DIGITAL (MERCHANDISE), NY
The Digital, Tech & Analytics Department of the National ACLU Digital Team has an opening for an Ecommerce undergraduate internship in New York, NY.
For 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, advancing racial justice, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties and civil rights cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. With more than one million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, and record of arrest or conviction.
This internship fits in to the broader work of my team by aiding us in running the store in the most efficient, cost effective, and profitable way possible. We welcome new and creative merchandise and marketing ideas.
- Time Commitment: The internship requires a full-time commitment of 35 hours per week.
- Internship Duration: Internships are a 10-week period (full-time). Summer interns are expected to start May 24 or June 1, 2021.
- Stipend: A stipend is available for those students who do not receive course credit. Students who receive outside funding are eligible for a partial stipend to bring their total summer funding up to the level of ACLU’s stipend amount for that term, if applicable. Arrangements can be made with educational institutions for work/study or course credit.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Interns on the merchandise team will work closely with the ecommerce manager to ideate product and marketing concepts, make website updates, maintain store data records, report back on store performance, and more. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Regular online store updates
- Organizing store items
- Collecting and analyzing data in the online store
- Helping brainstorm new products, merchandise strategies, and promotional campaigns
- Research on latest industry trends
- Other projects as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Interns should possess the following:
- Previous e-commerce experience for a major brand or retailer
- Understanding of the internet and social media trends
- Comfortable with looking at data
- Enjoys finding creative solutions to problems
- A commitment to civil liberties, civil rights, and social justice
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and accepted until the position is filled.
This posting provides a general but not comprehensive list of the opportunities of the internship. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.