Property Management Development Intern
The Millennia Companies is a vertically integrated real estate company headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. The family of companies is comprised of Millennia Housing Management (MHM), Millennia Housing Development (MHD), Millennia Housing Capital (MHC), Millennia Hospitality Group (MHG), and American Preservation Builders (APB). The Millennia Companies specializes in the acquisition, rehabilitation and management of affordable and market rate multifamily communities. Its portfolio consists of almost 30,000 units across 26 states.
Millennia Housing Development, Ltd., is currently seeking a full-time Development Intern.
- Knowledge of various affordable housing programs such as Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Section 8 Section 236 and other HUD programs.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a fast paced, professional environment, reporting to executives at the director level or above.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills including the judgment and ability to compose correspondence, and prepare and present reports
- Self-starter and resourceful thinker
- Demonstrated integrity including the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands, and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills (Office, Word, Excel, Adobe Pro).
- Bachelor’s degree - Prefer recent graduates or graduating latest spring of 2022.
- 3.3 or higher GPA
- Real Estate or Finance Major with some type of real estate experience.
- Excellent financial technical skills and ability to populate and manipulate Excel models for various types of affordable housing acquisitions and rehabilitation.
- Analyze property information for potential acquisition, refinancing and sale viability such as rent rolls, financial statements, debt and equity documents, partnership agreements, regulatory agreements and subsidy agreements.
- Analyze state Qualified Allocation Plans (QAP) and apply requirements to all facets of underwriting
- Handle all facets of applicable Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) applications, bond applications and other types of requests.
- Communicate and coordinate with Regional Managers, Property Managers, Community Stakeholders, Housing Authorities, Lenders and Equity Investors on various aspects of applications/document requirements.
- Ensure all team members (Owners representative, General Contractor, Architect etc.) are aware of their responsibilities and deliver product timely.
- Handle diligence and deal process with debt and equity partners including conference calls and meetings
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely on the basis of job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, criminal history, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history and references, are subject to verification.