Human Resources Generalist
Provide human resources consultation and guidance for employees and managers across the bank.
Direct Management Received:
Under the general management of the Director, Human Resources Shared Services
Direct Management Exercised:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create and enhance a positive employee experience by providing professional human resources support via a single point of entry case management system (MyHR) on matters related to internal policies, employee relations, performance, etc.
2. Develop and recommend human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing relevant data.
3. Collect, analyze and summarize human resources data and trends utilizing BI reporting, excel and other methods for presenting and recommending solutions.
4. Assist with management of medical and personal leave of absences, FMLA and ADA decisions, tracking and employee communications.
5. Comply with federal, state, and local regulations and laws.
6. Research current and new legislation, enforce adherence to requirements and provide consultation to management on their responsibilities.
7. Create and maintain department policies and procedures.
8. Support the Human Resources Business Partners; involves reviewing employment changes, organizational changes, salary changes, promotion and transfers, etc. to ensure consistent interpretation and application of policy, employment law.
9. Conduct internal investigations (sexual harassment, fraud, complaints, theft, etc.).
10. Participate in the performance review process by providing written commentary on performance reviews prior to delivery to employee. Participate as needed during performance or disciplinary meetings, create and/or suggest performance improvement plans (PIP) where appropriate.
11. Provide guidance and direction to counsel and/or discipline employees. Assist with investigations for various issues and situations.
12. Participate in the development and facilitation of management training in-person and/or virtually.
Education - Bachelor's degree in human resources, management or a related field.
Experience - Over three (3) years of human resources experience.
PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) related experience (UltiPro, preferred).
Experience with benefits administration.
Bachelors of Business Management (required)
Over three (3) years of human resources experience. (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).