Job Locations - US-IN-New Albany
# of Openings - 1
Category - Human Resources
Type - Regular Full-Time
Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschlager, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
Thank you for your interest in Northwest Ordinance Distilling, our first ever facility in the Hoosier state, and the newest facility in the Sazerac manufacturing network. Founded on the principles of servant leadership and continuous improvement our entire plant team works tirelessly to accomplish our vision:
Build the most efficient, flexible, and engaged plant and team in the Sazerac Manufacturing Network.
We are in search of talented individuals who have a strong desire to develop and hone technically sound manufacturing processes while seizing the opportunity to own their career and personal development. At Sazerac of Indiana we believe our people are our greatest asset. Your drive and determination combined with our passion for people will ensure we win as a team.
The Sazerac Company, established in 1850, is a leading North American spirits supplier, and owner of many of the industry's most venerable distilling companies - Buffalo Trace Distillery, Barton 1792 Distillery, The Glenmore Distillery, and A. Smith Bowman Distillery. In 2014, Sazerac was awarded one of the spirits industry's highest honors - Distiller of the Year by the International Wine & Spirits Competition.
For more information, please visit:www.sazerac.com.
The Human Resource Generalist will provide HR support for the Northwest Ordinance Distilling Facility. A steward of the desired culture, providing knowledgeable and professional guidance, administers HR functions such as compliance with employment laws and regulations, policies and programs; maintenance of employment records, hiring and staffing; onboarding; data collection and analysis; accurate maintenance of HRIS systems; benefits, and training and development.
- Maintains Employee Tracking System (consisting of all open job requests, filled job requests, applications submitted for job); Enter Applicant Flow for AAP reporting; Enter KOP job postings
- Review Personnel Status Changes, maintain in Dayforce, SAP and Org Charts. Reviews all salary adjustments and new hires for errors or status changes as applicable.
- Processes hires, transfers and separations, ensuring accurate information is communicated. Add, remove or transfer from appropriate systems.
- Processes payroll deductions, direct deposits and tax changes in Dayforce and SAP.
- Owner of New Hire Orientation Process including scheduling to maintaining materials.
- Coordinates pre-employment screens
- Owns and maintains accuracy of personnel files, including medical, I-9, employee agreements, etc.
- Owns and maintains all SAP and Dayforce transactions to keep employee information up to date. Responsible for providing reports to National employees as necessary.
- Coordination of Company Events including, but not limited to, Company Picnic, Children's Christmas Party, Employee appreciation gifts.
- Owns processes related to health care, dental and retirement plans, including enrollment, training and communications. Works with Corporate HR to resolve employee insurance claims.
- Owns processes related to Family Medical Leave Act, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance, including entering info, filing, tracking, promoting the EAP program, and following up with employees and providers.
- Supports/promotes Health, Safety, 5S, Continuous Improvement and Environmental efforts throughout the plant
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 2 years' relevant experience
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to perform work with high degree of accuracy
- Excellent oral & written communication skill
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Solid computer skill
- Proven strong analytical and technical skill
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed
- PHR/SPHR certification
- 5-10 years relevant experience
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Ability to quickly learn new systems/processes