Supply Chain Team Intern - Summer 2021
Clark Associates, Inc is the fastest growing distributor of foodservice, hospitality and janitorial supplies in the country. Products are sold through three channels of distribution, including WebstaurantStore.com, The Restaurant Stores, and Clark Food Service Equipment.
The Supply Chain Team is responsible for the process of importing thousands of containers per year from our global manufacturers to our domestic warehouses. We are a new and growing team within Clark Associates.
We are looking for a data-driven and insightful intern who can take the initiative to identify inefficiencies in our supply chain and can complete one self-led project throughout the internship.
As a Supply Chain Team Intern you will:
- Design and run reports to provide valuable insights to the company
- Identify and implement processes to reduce cost or improve quality in the supply chain
- Complete one key project throughout the internship
- Assist in other Supply Chain Team tasks as needed
We are looking for a driven, motivated candidate who:
- Has excellent analytical skills
- Is proficient at aggregating, cleaning, and analyzing data
- Is curious about how processes work and can ask the right questions
- Is a strong communicator, capable of conveying supply chain ideas to other departments
- Coursework in business/statistics/operations research preferred
- Proficiency in Excel required, proficiency with other statistical software a plus
Applicants can expect to gain comprehensive, real-world experience in supply chain management, as well as a thorough understanding of the complexities of the foodservice industry.
Some of our job perks include competitive pay, training sessions and campus tours, standing desks, and more. Opportunities for shadowing other departments within Clark Associates also exist.
An Internship with Clark can lead to future employment within the company.
Please include a cover letter with your application.