Global Supply Chain Specialist
Clark Associates, Inc. is the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment and supplies in the country. Products are sold through three channels of distribution, including TheWebstaurantstore.com (e-commerce model), The Restaurant Stores (cash & carry model), and Clark Food Service Equipment (traditional dealer model). The procurement department is responsible for managing the 310,000+ items available to those channels. Our approach to business is how well we can service the customer. In procurement, we work hard to offer the broadest and best assortment of product, the best price and value, and to always be in stock.
The Global Supply Chain Specialist is an entry level, full time position that works within our Procurement Department. This role focuses on product sourcing and inventory planning/forecasting, specifically from overseas manufacturers, within our distribution centers across the country.
- Sourcing international suppliers and products through research; evaluate foreign suppliers based on price, quality, reliability, production and distribution capabilities.
- Negotiating price and terms with product manufacturers and suppliers in foreign countries.
- Monitoring and analyzing foreign suppliers’ performance and assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Managing inventory and shipments
- Maintaining and applying real-time knowledge regarding regulatory requirements and costs related to obtaining product from foreign countries.
- Analyzing inventory levels to determine how to increase inventory turns and maximize use of warehouse space
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Effective communication
- Mathematically-based analytical skills and data analysis
- Foreign language fluency a plus
- Strong computer skills; emphasis in Excel
Come join the Clark Associates team! We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, a competitive medical/dental insurance package, 401K match, and wellness programs. Employees appreciate using our onsite gym facilities or benefiting from the gym membership reimbursement program.
Our onsite café allows employees the chance to enjoy fresh, healthy meals without leaving the office! Clark Associates often rewards our hardworking employees with fun events and perks to show our appreciation for their dedication and purposeful work towards our company growth — catered holiday meals, bringing in popular food trucks, and team building events are just a few things we do to promote an enjoyable, positive work environment for everyone.
This is not a home based position. You must be able to work out of our office in Lancaster, PA. Please include a cover letter with your application.