Are you a smart and confident individual with strong supply chain and procurement experience? Are you looking for a new challenge in your career that pushes you to the next level? Clark Associates is looking for a Senior Buyer to join our team and help our company continue to grow.
Clark Associates, Inc. is the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment and supplies in the country. Products are sold through three channels of distribution, including TheWebstaurantstore.com (e-commerce model), The Restaurant Stores (cash & carry model), and Clark Food Service Equipment (traditional dealer model). The procurement department is responsible for managing the 310,000+ items available to those channels. Our approach to business is how well we can service the customer. In procurement, we work hard to offer the broadest and best assortment of product, the best price and value, and to always be in stock.
If you are hardworking, thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy a challenge, we’d like to have you join our team.
- Overseeing the placement, tracking, and completion of orders with both domestic and overseas factories
- Negotiating all pricing and programs with vendors, while maintaining good working relationships
- Forecasting and maintaining inventory levels for all areas of distribution to maximize inventory turnover and shipping time
- Having extensive knowledge of market trends and changes
- Hitting inventory turns, inventory dollars, growth and gross profit goals
- Good communication skills and ability to work across departments to complete tasks
- Formulate and execute successful product line strategies that grow the category
- Ability to prioritize many ongoing projects and manage time accordingly
- Creative and innovative thinker who can think outside of the box to solve problems and develop new processes
- Strong computer skills; emphasis in Excel
Clark Associates has been one of PA’s 50 Fastest Growing Companies for the past 10 years. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, a competitive medical/dental insurance package, 401K match, and wellness programs. Employees appreciate using our onsite gym facilities or benefiting from the gym membership reimbursement program.
Our onsite café allows employees the chance to enjoy fresh, healthy meals without leaving the office! Clark Associates often rewards our hardworking employees with fun events and perks to show our appreciation for their dedication and purposeful work towards our company growth — catered holiday meals, bringing in popular food trucks, and team building events are just a few things we do to promote an enjoyable, positive work environment for everyone.
This is not a home based position. You must be able to work out of our office in Lancaster, PA. Please include a cover letter with your application.