Analyst - Valuation Advisory (Machinery & Equipment Practice)
General Purpose: Seeking a full-time machinery and equipment valuation analyst to perform field inspections, perform cost and market research, develop and utilize asset valuation models, and create presentations and reports for submission to our clients. Analysts will have assignments appraising commercial and industrial assets in a wide variety of businesses, working with facility management, engineers, and accounting staff in various commercial, manufacturing or other industrial environments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Challenging, rewarding, and fast-paced career in machinery and equipment valuation. Perform well-documented valuation analyses and reports for privately-held and public corporations spanning numerous industries.
Duties include site inspections/data collection at client locations (30% to 50% travel); office analysis; report preparation and documentation.
Valuation and litigation purposes include:
- Financial, tax, and regulatory requirements
- Allocation of purchase price
- Insurance reporting needs
- Goodwill and long-lived asset impairment
- Property tax consulting
- Various other purposes.
You will also be exposed to a variety of specialty consulting related projects as client needs arise.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (primarily Excel and Word)
- Relationship-focused (with clients, peers, management, etc.)
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Excels in a team-oriented work environment
- Shows creativity in problem-solving
- Accountability and ability to multi-task
- Professional presence
Education and/or Training:
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance desired.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience a plus.
- Working towards an ASA accreditation a plus.
- General knowledge of machinery and equipment a plus.
- General knowledge of cost and market approaches to valuation a plus.
- General knowledge of basic accounting principles a plus.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Stout is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of valid job requirements, qualifications and merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Interested in joining a rapidly growing group of bright, ambitious professionals in a work environment that values culture, diversity, and personal growth? Stout might just be the right place for you.