Digital Analytics Graduate Summer/Fall Internship-Dallas, TX
Golin is seeking a Digital Analytics & Insights Graduate Intern to join our Dallas office. This is an awesome opportunity for anyone who loves to solve problems, make strategic recommendations and consult on digital campaigns to join Golin and have an immediate impact.
Analytics is embedded in every client team, conducting research that impacts campaign planning, tracking events in real time, providing ideas around creative insights (e.g. the ‘why’ behind what makes a certain picture, copy or topic work), and guidance on how to configure budget for paid campaigns. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, be analytically curious, and have a passion for understanding what makes a brand and its audience tick on digital channels.
This is an awesome opportunity for anyone who loves to solve problems, make strategic recommendations and consult on digital campaigns to join Golin and have an immediate impact.
Don’t have the technical skills? We can teach you. This role isn’t about knowing the back-end setup of Facebook or having your Google Analytics Certification (though it’s awesome if you do!). It’s about connecting the dots between something you saw in Twitter Analytics, a social listening finding from Instagram and a trend from your favorite brand on social -- then applying this to a strategic recommendation for Golin clients. From there, you have to sell it. In a lot of ways, the internal Golin team is both your ally and your client. You have to make them believe in the recommendations that you are making. This can take the form of a quick, but well-informed email, a meeting in the hallway or a formal presentation deck with cool visualizations which help you tell your story. That’s why our ideal candidate not only has an interest in how social media campaigns tick, but at the core, is a great marketer and communicator.
Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable. Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, technology and consumer service companies in the world.
What are you waiting for? Our paid, full-time internship begins Monday, June 14, 2021 and concludes Friday, December 17, 2021, and is designed to give you the authentic experience of working in an agency. Check out the requirements below and apply today.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Each day will be dynamic and full of strategic decisions, constantly changing priorities and creative discovery. You will be accountable to:
- Serve as a creative, analytical mind on the team to provide strategic recommendations for developing and improving digital and social media campaigns
- Uncover insights using a range of digital analytics techniques, such as social listening, to help support business objectives, advance storytelling and drive engagement
- Demonstrate an understanding and ability to quickly learn social/ digital strategy, analytics and tools
- Understand social channels and identify emerging opportunities for a diverse client set
- Coursework in some form of marketing analysis, journalism, PR, mathematics, statistics and/or social science is preferred
- Basic understanding of principles of communications and digital marketing
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational and time-management
- Experience working with or interest in data visualization tools and creative ways to display information
- Keen eye for data trends and the ability to investigate and articulate factors that may account for these trends
- A champion of diverse talent who proactively cultivates an inclusive culture and uses cultural competence to drive agency and client’s business forward
- Passionate about digital and social analytics
- A sponge who is eager to learn and grow
- A self-starter
- A team-player
- A critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- You must be a college graduate or have obtained your degree by June 2021.
- You must be available to work a full-time schedule, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Central Time.
- Submit the below. *If you do not follow all directions, your application will not be considered. *
- Your resume and responses to the questions listed below, all combined into a single PDF document. Your answers should be no more than 200 words.
- Saved as: “Last Name, First Name.pdf”
- Submitted directly to our careers page posting by EOD Friday, April 23, 2021.
- What’s something brave you’d like to see a brand do? Why? Is there a topic of challenge you feel a specific brand could/should address?
- Al Golin used to say, “Fix it before it breaks,” What does this quote mean to you? How would you apply it in your day-to-day at Golin?
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Golin recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.