The Gretchen Swanson Center for Nutrition (GSCN) is a non-profit research and evaluation organization providing scientific expertise and partnership in the key public health areas of healthy eating/active living, food insecurity, policy advocacy and health equity. Gretchen Swanson Center works nationally by providing research and evaluation services to communities, nonprofits, academic and government institutions, and policy makers. For more information about the Gretchen Swanson Center, please visit www.centerfornutrition.org.
The Marketing Associate supports the implementation of Gretchen Swanson Center’s marketing strategy through visual and written storytelling. This person should be savvy with social listening and implementing social media campaigns, a good interpersonal communicator who enjoys writing and editing and is familiar with translating data into meaningful stories or visuals.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Write copy and edit content for marketing collateral, reports and other project deliverables
- Develop and review newsletter content, and promote across channels
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily social media content that builds meaningful connections and engagement
- Research, monitor and report on current trends, topics, issues and influencers, and incorporate into strategy
- Create editorial calendars
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Project management including setting timelines, meeting deadlines and acquiring approvals
- Support website updates, increasing traffic and analyzing data
- Support projects by attending meetings, reviewing documents and creating branded deliverables
- Support research, data entry and marketing automation in Salesforce CRM
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, public relations, journalism or other related field
- One year of experience performing marketing tasks
- Strong storytelling, copywriting and proofreading skills, including writing for multiple channels and audiences
- Willingness to learn how to adapt scientific content to the lay audience
- Social media savvy - Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn as it relates to B2B marketing
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and/or Illustrator) knowledge, a plus
- Familiarity with Hootsuite, Squarespace, MailChimp, Google Analytics or Salesforce, a plus
- Detail-oriented and able to see the big picture, deadline-oriented and problem-solver
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
This is a full time position located in Omaha, NE. Hiring immediately.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Senior Marketing Associate Amanda Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Gretchen Swanson Center for Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.