Client Protection Associate - 2021 Graduates (Legal & Compliance)
Available start dates for this position: Summer 2021 (San Francisco)
Associate – Client Protection Team
AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries and geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 700+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
Client Protection is a dynamic and autonomous function designed to help our clients use our services and access knowledge safely. We have a wide remit and visibility, operating cross-functionally on a variety of levels within the business and with our clients. Client Protection Associates monitor client requests, develop and implement new policies, anticipate possible roadblocks, train our employees, and ensure that everyone plays by the rules.
This is an exciting opportunity for meticulous team players with a background in operations, law, or risk management looking to transition into a high-growth commercial environment.
Learn more about our Client Protection team by watching this video: https://alphasights-1.wistia.com/medias/a1r690l63s
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At AlphaSights, we believe that investing in DEI is the right thing to do and is vital to driving progress. We go the extra mile to build teams of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, because diversity of thought drives innovation and knowledge diffusion which creates value for our clients, employees, and society.
We are a people-centric company, where every person is evaluated based on their merit. Our action plan is clear: recruit top talent based on our core values, invest massively in people’s development, and follow a structured DEI strategy so that everyone is always treated equitably and with respect.
You will be joining a global team at entry-level and you will work closely with our core service delivery teams to ensure our clients are always served to the highest standards. The role requires attention to detail, problem-solving skills, lots of responsibility, as well as constant communication.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Monitor active projects to flag and mitigate potential risks
- Provide guidance to delivery teams on the projects they are working on
- Communicate with delivery teams across the business to support their high delivery standards
- Design and implement global operational policies and processes that protect our clients
- Create and deliver tailored training to our delivery teams
- Work with the rest of your team on long-term projects to anticipate, develop and set industry standards in this rapidly growing industry.
What We Look For
To be successful in this role, you should display:
- Career maturity and alignment – clarity of direction, commitment to getting there and awareness of how Client Protection at AlphaSights fits with your journey
- Innate personal confidence – ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Rigorous attention to detail – ability to anticipate and proactively prevent risks
- People-oriented, emotionally intelligent team player – ability to de-escalate situations patiently and calmly, yet quickly and effectively
- Authority and poise – ability to present yourself with gravitas and manage relationships with junior and senior stakeholders within the business
- Strong communication skills – ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and in person
- Bachelor's degree, demonstrating strong academic credentials in any field and noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- 0-2 years experience in related fields such as law, risk management, operations or compliance with related internship experience
- Fluency in English (foreign language skills are also a plus)
Please note that unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visas for this position.
Keywords: compliance, legal, client protection, risk management, business law, operations, consulting, business acumen, research, private equity, commercial, knowledge, leadership, leadership development program, seniors, entry level, professional development, capital markets, hedge funds, corporate strategy, Fortune 500, communication, student athletes, negotiation, new york city, san francisco, project management, teamwork, fast-paced, high-growth, Best Places to Work for Recent Grads