Summer Intern – Communication Specialist (Virtual Assignment)
We are currently seeking candidates who are working towards obtaining a Bachelors degree in Business (Marketing, Digital Marketing, etc.) or Communications for a virtual internship during the summer of 2021.
What are the objectives/goals of the position?
- The Summer Intern will be a key contributor on a team responsible for increasing employee engagement with internal communications so we have a more engaged workforce.
- He/She will be responisible for:
- Creating compelling and engaging content for internal audience, determine story ideas that provide the most value to improve employees work measured by comments, like, shares and sentiment.
- Increasing digital reach of GCDI and AstraZeneca by providing recommendations to GCDI leaders on speaking engagements, and working with teams for award submittals.
- Maintaining the Nucleus page, and promoting initiatives like DigiPedia to increase awareness and utilization of GCDI offerings.
What are the primary duties of this position?
- Nucleus Articles
- Nucleus Page Updates
- Workplace posts
- GCDI InTouch
- Award Submissions
- Maintaining External Speaking Engagements Calendar
- CA monthly updates w/speaking engagement
- VP’s Weekly update
- Bi-weekly comms meeting
- Personnel Announcements
What technical skills are required?
- Microsoft Office suite
- Strong proven knowledge in the latest in digital and social media technology, and channels
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Web-based applications
- Willingness to learn new things (Intranet, Nucleus, SharePoint, etc.)