Interim Engagement Associate (@ Milwaukee Repertory Theater)
Interim Engagement Associate at Milwaukee Repertory Theater in Milwaukee, WI - shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
Milwaukee Repertory Theater, a LORT theater located in the heart of Wisconsin’s largest metropolitan area, is currently seeking applicants for the position of Interim Engagement Associate. Our mission is to ignite positive changes in the cultural, social, and economic vitality of our community by creating world-class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. It is important that our hiring practices reflect this commitment to diversity and we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. We are further committed to considering applicants who are well-rounded but do not fulfill every qualification.
Position Summary: The Interim Engagement Associate is responsible for assisting the implementation of engagement programming from June 2021 – September 2021 in collaboration with the Chief Engagement & Education Officer. This is a temporary position that will have a role in maintaining partnerships and relationships across Milwaukee through our neighborhood programming and general administrative and programmatic support in the Engagement and Education Department.
Other major duties and responsibilities include:
Events, Programs and Activities
- Execute activities, events, and programs tied to Milwaukee Rep’s programming that deepen the relationship of existing partnerships, promote access to the institution, and demonstrate the value of theater by positioning it at the center of vital civic conversations and meaningful actions, as reflected in core programming.
- Activities may include city tours, summer concerts, educational programming with schools, artistic co-creation activities with community partners, etc.
- Manage administrative support to all engagement programming as needed.
- Contribute to evaluation, archiving, and reporting processes for engagement programs.
- Support and champion institutional Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion work.
- Actively look for ways to advance equity in all engagement programming.
Partnership Relationships / Community Ambassadorial Role
- In collaboration with the Chief Engagement & Education Officer, develop and maintain authentic relationships with all communities.
- Represent Milwaukee Rep at community events and meetings.
- Support the execution of partner events both at Milwaukee Rep and at partner sites.
- Cultivate and nourish relationships in selected neighborhoods
- Attend neighborhood meetings with ImagineMKE, Amani, Metcalfe Park, and Muskego Way
- Implement neighborhood programming and initiatives with residents and community partners
- Partner with COA on Community Fun Nights in Moody Park
- Coordinate with Education on any youth engagement programming within the neighborhood.
Compensation and Benefits: This position pays an hourly wage of $16.00 per hour. This position is eligible for benefits offered to temporary employees including comp tickets, participation in professional development training, and the ability to work a hybrid/flexible work schedule.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement/relations, community organizing, capacity building, education, and/or non-profit communications
- Experience and/or knowledge in social justice, intersectional identities, value-based programming, and EDI initiatives
- Ability to make informed decisions on maintaining Milwaukee Rep’s positive image and public perception of Milwaukee Rep and its programs; disseminate information that maintains that positive image and public perception
- Ability to maintain deadlines, oversee event planning, coordination and completion
- Ability to build and manage positive relationships with community partnerships, professional organizations and other stakeholders
- Solid facilitation and positive collaboration skills to participate on projects and committees with Milwaukee Rep members and local community agencies
- Ability to speak in front of audiences including the ability to identify audience type and adjust communication style appropriately
- Knowledge of a computer, copy machine, and telephone systems. Knowledgeable in the use of computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Access to a car is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as necessary, preferred
About Milwaukee Repertory Theater: Milwaukee Rep is the largest performing arts organization in Wisconsin welcoming 300,000 people at 700 performances of 15 productions a season at the Patty & Jay Baker Theater Complex featuring three unique performance venues – the Quadracci Powerhouse, Stiemke Studio and Stackner Cabaret. For over six decades, Milwaukee Rep has been a centerpiece of Milwaukee’s vibrant arts and cultural scene with productions ranging from Broadway musicals to Shakespeare to American Classics and New Works that are entertaining, inclusive and impactful. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Mark Clements and Executive Director Chad Bauman, Milwaukee Rep ignites positive change in the cultural, social and economic vitality of our community by creating world-class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. Every season requires a team of dedicated, passionate and skilled people. Whether it be a 30+ year veteran employee or one who’s never experienced a Milwaukee winter before, everyone shares a common sense of purpose and determination that enables us to bring world-class theater to the stage. Season after season, our accomplished team never ceases to amaze!
To read more about Milwaukee Repertory Theater, please visit: www.MilwaukeeRep.com
To read more about Milwaukee Repertory Theater’s commitment to Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion, including our ED&I Vision of Success, please Click Here
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.