Development Associate (@ Milwaukee Repertory Theater)
Development Associate at Milwaukee Repertory Theater in Milwaukee, WI - shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
Milwaukee Repertory Theater, a LORT theater located in the heart of Wisconsin’s largest metropolitan area, is currently seeking applicants for the position of Development Associate. Our mission is to ignite positive changes in the cultural, social, and economic vitality of our community by creating world-class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. It is important that our hiring practices reflect this commitment to diversity and we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. We are further committed to considering applicants who are well-rounded but do not fulfill every qualification.
Position Summary: Milwaukee Rep Development Department is seeking an organized and outgoing person to join the result-oriented team. The Development Associate will play an important role by providing administrative support to Milwaukee Rep’s fundraising efforts. Working closely with the Associate Director of Development, Events and Stewardship, the Development Associate will support institutional donor cultivation and stewardship events, including our annual gala, the Curtain Call Ball. In addition to collaborating on event logistics, the Development Associate will contribute to our team-wide donor relations and stewardship efforts, including written and verbal communication with Milwaukee Rep supporters, while working to uphold the mission and core values of the theater, with a raised consciousness towards ED&I efforts.
Other major duties and responsibilities include:
Annual Fund Donor Events and Special Events
- Assist in event logistics, including but not limited to: drafting copy for invitations, creating and managing invite lists, tracking event RSVPs and communicating with constituents in a timely, professional manner, coordinating needs with outside vendors, and assisting in executing the event plan.
- Attend events and lead as needed.
Curtain Call Ball
- Support planning of annual gala. Duties may include those outlined above as well as: managing auction/raffle items, proofing design materials, updating mobile bidding software, and preparing print materials (programs, signs, etc.).
- Assist the Associate Director of Development in leading Curtain Call Ball committee meetings. This will involve attending committee meetings and may require providing updates on your work to the committee.
- Attend gala (typically held day before Mother’s Day) and serve as point person during portions of the event as needed.
Donor Stewardship and Prospecting
- Help manage the Quadracci Powerhouse Donor Lounge. This includes serving as the lounge’s host for some performances.
- Oversee prospect research
- Contribute to stewardship efforts with year round “check-in” communications; both written and verbal, primarily by phone.
Compensation and Benefits: Milwaukee Rep is offering a salary in the range of $36,000-40,000 annually. Employees receive benefits including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance premiums for the individual employee, employer contributions to a health savings account, a paid time off package and 403(b) retirement plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major coursework in Arts Management, Communications, or related field; and one year of professional experience in event planning, donor relations, stewardship, or communications; OR any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles.
- Detail-oriented person with superior organization skills is essential. This role must be prepared to navigate multiple timelines at once while maintaining consistency in their work.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in order to respond effectively and diplomatically with a diverse audience of donors, volunteers, and various leaders.
- Experience in Tessitura, or similar customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Capacity to work evenings and weekends, as required.
About Milwaukee Repertory Theater: Milwaukee Rep is the largest performing arts organization in Wisconsin welcoming 300,000 people at 700 performances of 15 productions a season at the Patty & Jay Baker Theater Complex featuring three unique performance venues – the Quadracci Powerhouse, Stiemke Studio and Stackner Cabaret. For over six decades, Milwaukee Rep has been a centerpiece of Milwaukee’s vibrant arts and cultural scene with productions ranging from Broadway musicals to Shakespeare to American Classics and New Works that are entertaining, inclusive and impactful. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Mark Clements and Executive Director Chad Bauman, Milwaukee Rep ignites positive change in the cultural, social and economic vitality of our community by creating world-class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. Every season requires a team of dedicated, passionate and skilled people. Whether it be a 30+ year veteran employee or one who’s never experienced a Milwaukee winter before, everyone shares a common sense of purpose and determination that enables us to bring world-class theater to the stage. Season after season, our accomplished team never ceases to amaze!
To read more about Milwaukee Repertory Theater, please visit: www.MilwaukeeRep.com
To read more about Milwaukee Repertory Theater’s commitment to Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion, including our ED&I Vision of Success, please Click Here
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.