Executive Support Specialist 2 – Executive Assistant
Oregon Department of Transportation
Government & External Relations
Commission Support Unit
We are recruiting for an executive assistant to provide support to the Oregon Transportation Commission (OTC) chair and commission members. In this role, you will coordinate and oversee a variety of executive and administrative support activities for the OTC. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
- Negotiate, coordinate, and monitor contracts such as group sales agreements, rental agreements and banquet/event orders.
- Review and recommend sites for commission meetings.
- Coordinate all invitations for commissioners to attend meetings and events.
- Make logistical arrangements for commission meetings, annual commission workshop and formal dinners and luncheons.
- Attend commission meetings and workshops, making sure meetings run smoothly.
- Prepare official minutes of commission meetings.
- Coordinate commission activities with stakeholders from other jurisdictions or organizations.
- Provide confidential, executive, administrative and technical support to the OTC chair and commission members.
- Review and coordinate incoming and outgoing mail addressed to the commission.
- Receive, track and follow-up on assignments and projects for the chair.
- Independently research issues, request information and prepare reports; assemble, edit, and summarize various materials, information and data for administrative action.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment with frequent overnight travel required to attend out-of-town meetings.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
One year of experience performing administrative duties in support of agency projects or programs. Qualifying experience would involve data collection and analysis; project evaluation and/or analysis; interpretation and application of laws, rules, and regulations; or similar experience.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know in your attached resume and cover letter! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills, including an ability to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic environment with interruptions and constantly shifting priorities.
- Experience supporting executive-level leaders or public officials.
- Experience working as part of a team but with minimal supervision.
- Experience arranging logistical, technical and administrative components of complex public meetings.
- Experience exercising sound judgment, discretion and tact in sensitive environments.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our next application screening is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on 04/22/2021, but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Click the external link on Handshake to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 971-273-8687 or email ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer