Graphic design primary (web design (no coding) - secondary)
DATES : 7/13/2021 - 1/1/2022
PAY : Currently UNPAID but available for school academic credits if necessary and possibly lead to PAID position
SUPERVISION/REPORTING : to CEO of LNK Innovations
TRAINING for term of internship
Remote position - anywhere in USA is fine.
LNK is offering a GRAPHIC DESIGN position for someone who is looking for hands-on experience in the business world.
We are looking for someone who can commit 24-30 hrs/wk for a minimum of 3 month period with an option to extend.
If the internship goes for 6 months, you will have a solid "graphic designer work experience" listed on your resume instead of "internship". This is a HUGE benefit for you on your resume and future job opportunities.
Supervision by CEO for each project, at each stage of each project.
Coodinating team meetings for photo shoots and marketing execs.
LNK Innovations is a product development. LNK develops new products in a variety of industries including hotel/leisure, hardware, fashion, electronic. LNK is offering a part-time GRAPHIC DESIGN internship for someone who is looking for hands-on experience designing in a corporate environment.
Through this internship the candidate will obtain an invaluable experience in graphic design and web design (no coding needed but preferable if know the basics) of these exciting new product lines in varying industry sectors. As things are getting busy, this intern will need to hit the ground running, be able to work fast and efficiently meeting tight deadlines.
The candidate will have the immediate senior designer responsibility normally not given in large companies. With this position you will receive school credits if required, as well as obtaining work experience and an excellent reference. After a successful contract completion, and depending on the productivity, personality and progress of the candidate, the position may be extended for a longer period of time.
* research designs/competitive products/services on internet to create suitable designs for product branding, brochures, packaging, website design (no coding – we use wix.com), corporate branding, imaging, logos, newsletter layouts, typography, packaging, newsletter, brochures, flyers, exhibition stand designs, business cards, postcards, photoshoots.
* co-ordinate photo shoots of products
* liaise with external printers and suppliers and production houses
* liaise with product manufacturers in USA/China to ensure integrity of the designs are maintained.
* write product design specs alongside daily reports on progress
* laptop with Photoshop, Illustrator and other relevant graphic design software
* excellent knowledge of graphic design software eg Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign etc.
* own camera and photographic skills preferred
* samples of design work to email (or own website) especially if there are any brochures, posters, flyers, product box designs, packaging, promotional items, websites, logos, branding etc.
* 110% reliability and dependability
* flexibility and no ego
* teamwork is essential - to be able to chip in to ensure projects are finished on time
* own phone, car and laptop (gas if travel during working hours is necessary, stationery, will be paid)
* patience : we are manufacturing in SE Asia and have language barriers
* ability to work quickly and efficiently
* EXCELLENT organizational and communication skills
Before we are able to consider you for interview please kindly email and answer the below questions :
1. What experience do you have in graphic design and web design? (coding experience not needed as we design using wix.com or other similar websites)
2. Do you have experience in photography and own a camera?
3. Where do you currently live?
4. How many hours/and which days per week are you able to commit to this position? Please state days and hours you are available to work.
5. What length of employment are you looking for? (please state end date if you are starting school)
6. When can you start?
7. This position is for work experience, academic credit and to expand your portfolio with a large range of graphic designs in a multitude of industries.
This is an unpaid internship. Please confirm that you are therefore financially stable to take this position.
8. Do you have your own laptop, phone and relevant software needed for this position?
9. Are you American or have a valid working visa ? If you require a J1 visa sponsorship, please advise as this would be possible.
Please email me at Sue@LNKInnovations.com and in the 'subject' line write "EMPLOYMENT- GRAPHIC DESIGN - YOUR NAME". If you haven’t already, include link to show 10-20 varying pieces of your graphic design work/website.
Thank you - SUZANNE PARKER : CEO