Guest Experience Fellow - July 2022 Start
Would you like to use your education or experience in hospitality management to make a lasting impact on the world of missions while developing professionally, personally, and spiritually? We offer well-rounded development, genuine community, and more.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers committed to the belief—and the vision—that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
- We follow Christ’s example of sacrificial servanthood, looking first to the interest of others.
- We strive for excellence - learning and improving together.
- We are not content with the status quo. We question assumptions and seek new approaches while working hand-in-hand with global field partners to identify, design, test, refine, and implement solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training that can be sustained going forward.
We’re looking for adults in their early career stage who have completed an accredited post-secondary degree, value global ministry, and are collaborative.
The Guest Experience Fellow will play an integral role in the department which serves those who are visiting JAARS. He or she will work closely with other staff to help provide the best experience possible for guests. Areas of service include providing quality housing, food service, events, and more. The Fellow will be encouraged to think creatively about possible new processes, and to think strategically about streamlining and strengthening existing processes.
Fellows receive the following compensation and benefits:
- $10 an hour
- An eleven-month program featuring structured mentorship and ongoing professional development
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health insurance (if needed)
- Additional benefits:
- Intercultural Communications Course, a course that furthers your interpersonal skills, explains differing worldviews, and deepens your relationship with God.
- Perspectives, a course that explores God’s global purpose
- Life skills training
- Career growth with network of proven professionals
JAARS Fellows will need to live on campus in Waxhaw, NC. The area is a 40 minute drive from Charlotte, NC, and is known as one of the best places to live in North Carolina. With its mild winters, small town main street, and proximity to both urban centers and outdoor recreation, Waxhaw is the place to be.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Development opportunities in functional processes, hospitality needs assessments, and event planning.
- Development opportunities in guest programs management.
- Networking opportunities.
- Develop community.
- Life skills training.
- 10 days PTO.
WHAT SUCCESS AS A FELLOW LOOKS LIKE:
By the end of the eleven-month fellowship, the Guest Experience Fellow will have:
- Reviewed functional processes (Housing, Food Service, Events and Service Desk) to identify process improvement opportunities as well as skills
- Identified ways to develop and train multi-functional staff for full resource utilization
- Developed processes where ambiguity existed
- Performed an internal needs assessment to determine how JAARS Guest Services can best partner with internal departments
- Studied methods and programs that have been used in past years & envisioned innovative new methods and programs for better management of the guest experience
- Collaborated well with staff in Guest Services and other departments
- Identified, sought after, and completed projects that brought the fellow joy and skills to build his/her resume building
Check out more about the Guest Experience Fellow position and apply online at www.jaars.org/fellows.